Pages

Monday 16 September 2019

Moment In Time Cross Country

                                    Cross country        I was up on the hill standing on some wooden boards looking at Lake Ngatu while the girls were preparing for their race. I hear Sir shout Go! The hooter goes off and Sir calls for all Year 10 Boys. My friends and I run to the starting line to figure out that we have to wait for 15-20 minutes. I was going to go to the toilet but before the race but didn't want to miss it so I waited. Finally, Sir comes back to make us do stretches but we try to lie saying “we've already done them” but he doesn't hear us. Sir shouts out READY, GO!!! I galloped through the gate getting a lucky start nearly hitting Tawa in the face. It's our first hill and I'm already tired. I'm coming in 10 the place between this person from oruaiti was now neck and neck.                                     THE LAST STRETCH this oruaiti kid and I are still neck and neck and were on the last stretch. Were going up the hill towards the finished line so I boost it up passing the oruaiti kid and someone from pompallier coaming in 8th place so I drop to the ground in relief that I came 8th. Two minutes have passed and I give my card to Mrs Winderbord and ask Mrs Davan “are we aloud a hot chocolate?” and she says “Yes” so I get a Hot chocolate with two marshmallows and a chocolate fish. So I eat my food and drink my Milo then we leave.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.